Monday, November 20, 2006

 

You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here (AKA, the pity party is over)


How I spent my Sunday evening, besides wallowing in self pity:

1) Made a pumpkin gooey butter cake, which is just as sinfully delicious as it sounds. I'll be taking this one to work tomorrow and making another for Thanksgiving. I took one to work last year and have been hearing about it ever since. For a recipe I flat out stole from TV (thank you Paula Deen!), it sure does make me look good.

2) Made jalapeno jelly, which is also quite awesome. There are lots of different recipes for this stuff, but we're simple folks and so all I do is drain the juice off of about 6 small jars of jalapenos, dump them in a bowl and put a buttload of sugar in there (about 3 pounds), then stir occasionally over the course of a day.

Then you take a wheat cracker (or whichever kind you prefer), spread a little cream cheese on it and then add a little bit of the jelly on top. Will make you slap your Mama or the nearest convenient maternal figure. If that's your Mother-in-Law, so much the better. (I'm kidding. I love my MIL. I'm also kind of scared of her.) (and when I say 'kind of', I mean in amounts that have yet to be measured.)

3) Had my brothers over and played Scrabble with them. Ignored them when they said something stupid. Won at Scrabble, was only mostly successful at the ignoring.

In other words, I got over myself. I'm obviously still a bit bummed that my oldest won't be home for Christmas, but I'm working on it. And I'm hopeful that Patsy's car will cowboy up and be able to make the trip next Sunday.

Coming up this week (hopefully), the story of how I got stabbed in the face and the story of how I got hit by a car on my birthday. You know, it's like I lived my childhood knowing that one day I would have a blog and I would need stories for it.

Everyone have a good Monday!

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?