Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

Oh, Doogie!


Apparently Neil Patrick Harris has come out of the closet, according to People online.

I quote:

"The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life. Now it seems there is speculation and interest in my private life and relationships.

"So, rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love."

I have to admit, I'm shocked. I'm not sure why, it's not like he was always in the news with a new girl on his arm, but I have to say, if pressed, I would have pegged him as decidedly heterosexual.

It'll be interesting to see if his character on How I met Your Mother, who is an unashamed hetero hound (and kind of a chauvinistic asshole to boot), will change at all.

Maybe instead of telling his friends to 'Suit up!', he'll tell them 'Lip balm is your friend!', or 'Checks and stripes do not go together, no matter what that one guy on Queer Eye wears!'.

Seriously, I think it would be interesting to see where the character could go if Barney came out of the closet too. Would Barney continue to be a bed hopping scalawag? In this day and age? Now that would be some edgy television.


In NaBloPoMo news, Lane has created an awesome thing. It's a randomizer that can and will take you to any of over 1100 blogs that are participating in NaBloPoMo. Click on it! You won't be able to stop! (don't forget to stop and comment too!) (Also, somebody take my exclamation point key away from me! Before I hurt someone!)


Also, if any of you can help me get one of the buttons she made for it on my template and make it clickable, I would really appreciate it.


Also, also, if you missed my last post, you really should go and watch the Steve Irwin video. It is the funniest fucking thing I've seen all year, and it's November. That's almost a whole year worth of funny shit and this tops it all.

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?