Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Confucious say,


We went and had Chinese food for lunch today. As usual, everything was delicious, but I didn't really ask you here to tell you what I had for lunch. We'll save that kind of boring crap for later in the month when I can't think of anything else to talk about.

Anyway, the highlight of Chinese food is always the fortune cookies. Well, not the cookies themselves, because, let's face, they have the general taste and texture of cardboard. But we love the fortunes.

We are kind of immature, as you may have figured out by now (feel free to browse the archives if you need proof), and we play that game where after you read a fortune, you add the words "in bed" to the end.

For example, one fortune said "Beauty will surround you - open your eyes to see it (in bed)" Get it? Immature? Yes. Funny? You betcha!

Another fortune said, "A good time to finish up old tasks (in bed)"

But the kicker was my fortune.

It said, "All great things had small beginnings (in bed)".

Best. Fortune. Ever.


In NaBloPoMo news, I figured out how to put the randomizer button on my sidebar. And when I say I figured it out, I mean Lynn e-mailed me and gave me instructions that a developmentally delayed monkey could have followed. Thanks Lynn!

So check it out. Click that button. It's the gateway drug to more blogs than you can shake a stick at.


In other news, Little Man informed me last night that he wanted to go to bed. These are words that have never passed his lips in his almost four years of life. I checked him for fever and then made sure he wasn't back on the sauce. Apparently, he just wanted to go to bed.

Huh. My baby's growing up. I'll spare y'all the teary montage of baby photos enhanced by Barbra Streisand singing 'Memories'. You're welcome.

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?