Monday, October 16, 2006

 

Where I pick your brains (figuratively...because..eww)

Mrs. Chili has taken a break from giving me shit over at Pookie's blog to tell me about a wicked idea that Mrs. Kennedy had. (Mrs. Chili has also informed me that I need to learn how to use the word 'wicked' whenever possible if I'm going to fit in when we finally move to New Hampshire. How'm I doin' so far? Wicked, right?)

Basically, the idea is to post something every day for the month of November. It doesn't have to be literature (which is a good thing, right?) (Oh, shut up), just post something, anything every day for a month. It'll also help strengthen my commitment to this blog.

I don't kid myself that I'm a writer, but I enjoy this blog and am looking forward to the chance to prove to myself that I can do this.

I'm going to participate, because it sounds like fun and it'll be a helluva challenge, especially for a girl who has a hard time thinking of something interesting to say just twice a week or so.

Also, Mrs. Kennedy made some awesome buttons for this thing for people to put on their blogs, and I want one! Of course, figuring out how to put that on my template, with the html and all, will be at worth at least one post. It'll go something like this: Fuck. Fuckity. Fuckmerunning. What the fuck?

So, yes...my usual wit and brilliance. Do try not to be jealous of my genius for words.

So, anyway, the point of all this, is that I'd love to hear some ideas from you all. Maybe I could do one post comprised of people asking me questions in comments or e-mail and me answering them. They could be questions about me, or life in Texas, or why I think the Cubs suck on purpose just to piss me off or if you just need a good chocolate cake recipe (hey, I can use Google as well as anybody, right?). Anything.

Also, I think it would be great to do a few guest posts from my non-blogging friends who are hilarious and whom make me laugh often. Jo? Pat? I'm talking to y'all, here. If anybody else is a non-blogger (or if you have a blog (or a journal, which is snooty talk for blog) but would like to write something here), and you'd like a guest spot here, just let me know and I'll give ya the hook-up.

Ok, I just had a parenthetical phrase inside of a parenthetical phrase. Someone should really take my keyboard away from me make and me read a book, already.

I'm not usually a comment beggar, because, hell, I'm just grateful that y'all are reading; asking for anything else just seems greedy. But I would really love to hear some serious feedback on this one. Y'all are all way smarter than I am, and I bet you can come up with lots of ideas.

Pretty please, with sugar on top, and by the way, have you lost weight? Because you look good. And I'm not just saying that. Really.

So if you have an idea for a post, or a question you'd like answered, please leave a comment or email me at verycontrary@gmail.com with the subject line 'post ideas'. I look forward to hearing from you.


|

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?